I have been nominated by Kelley over at The Polished Pebble for a “Most Stylish Blogger Award!”
Before you ask…there is no actual statue to put on my mantel. But there is the personal pride (not to mention ego boost) that someone besides my mother, husband, aunt and friends are readers.
Part of the acceptance requires that I tell 7 things about myself to the world.
The other part is to pass this award on to others via nomination to 10 other blogs. Well to be honest I only read about 3-4 blogs regularly – there is just not even enough time for more. Call me “OCD” but if I start reading a blog I must read every post, every word and that can get a little out of hand. I think reading blogs can become a full-time job and well, I already have one of those!
7 things about me…
1. I love to take pictures in general but especially of the fabulous flowers that my husband and I grow. (OK he does all the work but I do the heavy supervising!)Common Morning Glory but beautiful!
2. I love that Food Network show “Chopped.” I love how they get a basket of weird food items and have limited time to make something delicious! Granted I probably wouldn’t eat half of what they make but still I love the concept!
3. I LOVE to eat and cook, but in my heart I really love art & design more. Design as is “Interior Designer.” I have a B.S. in Graphic Design obtained many years ago and now I am working on my Masters of Interior Design at The New England School of Art and Design at Suffolk University. (NESADSU) It is taking forever while I work full-time, be a married homeowner, care for sick family members and oh yeah pat the 3 kitties!
I would describe my personal style as French country mixed with arts & crafts movement but I also enjoy some mid-century modern and seashore thrown in.
Above:”Endlessly Repeating Twentieth Century Modernism” 2001, Josiah McElheny. Currently on display at The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA.
4. I am the SLOWEST decision maker when it comes to design. It took me two years to choose a dining room paint color. Nobody is going to hire me! (Sherwin Williams, Sw 6541, Daydream)
5. I collect swans. Not real ones… just collectibles, pictures, etc. They are all over the house!
6. I am working on a “Friends & Family” cookbook filled with recipes I have been collecting from friends and family members. It is harder than it seems and has taken over a year and counting.
7. I hate making the bed. Luckily I have three reasons not to!
10 blogs I nominate…
Four I read regularly….
www.wordpress.com – freshly pressed (a collection of blogs that changes daily)
http://ppebble.blogspot.com – already an award winner but I didn’t want to not mention it again!
Six I check in on …
http://blogs.cas.suffolk.edu/interiordesign/ – “connections” Interior Design at Suffolk University