capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.
I think that describes bloggers quite well and that is why there is such a thing as the “Versatile Blogger Award.”
This award is an honor bestowed upon one blogger from another and today I am happy to report that I have been nominated by fellow blogger “Back Road Journal.”
I consider this pretty cool since Karen over there at Back Road Journal has the distinction of having been a “freshly pressed”
blog at WordPress. Anybody who gets that recognition must know a thing or two about writing, photography, gardening and well my favorite topic: food.
There are rules for the Versatile Blogger Award.
I must list 7 random things about myself that you don’t know and I must nominate 15 bloggers to receive the award.
I have a tiny problem with the second rule. I only read a few regularly. (check my blogroll) And a couple more when I get the chance. Unfortunately my boss at my day job has made it quite clear that I should be working (you know at the task they actually pay me to do) and not reading too many blogs.
But what about at home and on the weekends you ask? Well I have a few confessions to make. Which incidentally happen to number at 7.
…and they are kinda random.
1. I like to go as “technology free” as possible when I am home. For instance I actually sometimes read magazines. (remember those?)
2. I also enjoy spending my free time cleaning the house; mostly the dishes and laundry. (Ok I don’t really love it but it has to be done.)
3. I like to do a little gardening/yard work. Full disclosure: I really just plant a small veggie/herb patch each year and then my husband waters it faithfully. (but supervising him does take some time.)
4. My husband and I spend lots of time driving around New Hampshire (where I am from) and Massachusetts (where he is from) visiting our various family and friends who coincidentally happened to all be over 60 years old and sometimes enjoy a helping hand or two. Or even just our company. Or so we like to think.
5. I have 3 cats that like to spend lots of time in the backyard but since we live in an urban area they have to be supervised closely like toddlers who try to escape the minute you take your eyes off them. Kids and cats are time-consuming.
6. I do not have a laptop. This is the biggest shocker of all I am sure. But hey, the old desktop model works fine for looking up occasional movie times. If it ain’t broke why fix it?
7. I actually like to cook (you probably guessed this one) and that means spending quality time in my little kitchen or at the grill but not at a computer.
I think I am pretty versatile.
Thank you Karen for the nomination!