But Don’t You Think Dessert is The Best Part?

Maple Custard with Cinnamon Whip Cream and Toasted Hazel Nuts.

Thank you to Three Clever Sisters for the recipe!

I just “gilded the lily” by adding the homemade whipped cream and nuts.

Delicious and EASY and only 3 ingredients. (not counting the whipped and nuts.)

Make the night before and wrap with the plastic wrap directly touching the custard.

Add toppings just before serving.

Advertisements

12 comments on “But Don’t You Think Dessert is The Best Part?

1. Sara says:

I’m so glad you tried this and liked it. I do appreciate your guilding of the lily as well! I just made this again earlier this week for my inlaws.

I see you are also in the Boston area, so we are neighbors!

• cabinet stew says:

Howdy and welcome – fellow Bostonian! Thanks for such easy inspiration!
      PS I enjoyed your funny blog comments about secretly rotating the fridge items…at this very moment I have a stash of cheese hidden in the fridge which he will never find unless he bends at the waist to look low or reads this comment – neither of which will probably happen 😉

2. Karen says:

I just bought the perfect dishes to use for this recipe and of course I have wonderful New Hampshire maple syrup as well.

• cabinet stew says:

Definitely make it – I was amazed at how so little syrup made such a big flavor! I had my doubts. My husband practically became misty eyed when he tasted this as he hadn’t had homemade custard since his mother made it many years ago.

3. That sounds just wonderful!

4. It looks delicious. I’m afraid dessert isn’t my favourite part – but I still love it 😀

• cabinet stew says:

Shhhh…dessert really isn’t my favorite part either but the rest of our thanksgiving meal was, although delicious, kinda average.
      I couldn’t help but showcase this new and special dessert because as a cook and not a baker I was “puffed-up-proud” about it!
      Plus my mother who doesn’t eat sweets and NEVER any sugar thought it good enough to have two servings! That was crowning moment!

5. michael says:

DELICIOUS

6. […] Like most savory cooks, dessert is not my specialty. I usually leave that up to the experts. But I have been inspired this year to try my hand at some fancy but simple desserts as I did on Thanksgiving. […]

7. […] can also tell you that November 26, 2011 had the most comments – and I am proud to say that only one of them was related to […]

Talk to me!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s